Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Fwd: Ridgewood Reservoir Community Meetings

-----Original Message-----
From: Heidi Steiner <renietsidieh@gmail.com>
Cc: Steve Nanz <Steve@stevenanz.com>
Sent: Tue, May 9, 2017 2:19 pm
Subject: Ridgewood Reservoir Community Meetings

Hi All,

Please see attached information for Ridgewood Reservoir Community Meetings regarding the future of the reservoir and Highland Park.

Ridgewood Reservoir was very recently reclassified as a low hazard dam which means that there is no longer a need to breach the walls of the reservoir. This puts us in a much stronger position to ensure the preservation of the habitat within the three basins however, we are still waiting for the DEC to make a wetland determination. There is a possibility that they will postpone doing that indefinitely. So, we STILL need to be strong and outspoken proponents for the birds and ALL nature at the reservoir. The more people that can attend the meetings to support our position, the better.  If anyone would like to go to either of the meetings, please let me know. Steve and I will probably be going to both meetings and would be happy to provide transportation. 

Thank you, Heidi